OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2016

From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 2016 10:43:33 -0500
Long post, and not really a Rime of the Ancient Birder... but basically I
went all over Killdeer and Lawrence Woods yesterday.  I decided to post all
of my pond reports for Killdeer Plains.   As far as my Killdeer Plains in
General report, you can add a Northern Shrike, Robins, Starlings, American
Tree Sparrows...and Red-winged Blackbirds.  Lawrence Woods Was typical
winter birds.

Happy Birding and God Bless!

Steve J.

Killdeer Plains Wildlife Area--Pond 30, Wyandot, Ohio, US
Feb 27, 2016 5:20 PM - 5:28 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:
4 species

Canada Goose  30
Mallard  2
Northern Shoveler  12
Ring-necked Duck  12

View this checklist online at

Killdeer Plains Wildlife Area--Harold Roe Wetland, Wyandot, Ohio, US
Feb 27, 2016 4:15 PM - 4:45 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:
14 species

Canada Goose  250
Trumpeter Swan  6
Tundra Swan  10
Gadwall  25
American Wigeon  100
American Black Duck  5
Mallard  125
Northern Shoveler  2
Northern Pintail  75
Redhead  250
Ring-necked Duck  100
Lesser Scaup  25
Bald Eagle  2
Mourning Dove  2

View this checklist online at

Killdeer Plains Wildlife Area--Pond 27, Wyandot, Ohio, US
Feb 27, 2016 4:00 PM - 4:20 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:
13 species

Canada Goose  225
Tundra Swan  250
Gadwall  10
American Wigeon  50
American Black Duck  12
Mallard  125
Northern Shoveler  35
Northern Pintail  45
Redhead  120
Bald Eagle  1
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Mourning Dove  12
American Tree Sparrow  50

View this checklist online at

Killdeer Plains Wildlife Area--Pond 3, Wyandot, Ohio, US
Feb 27, 2016 3:40 PM - 4:14 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:
8 species

Canada Goose  45
Trumpeter Swan  2
American Wigeon  1
Redhead  25
Ring-necked Duck  20
Lesser Scaup  1
Hooded Merganser  2
Common Merganser  5

View this checklist online at

Killdeer Plains Wildlife Area--Pond 33, Wyandot, Ohio, US
Feb 27, 2016 3:15 PM - 3:34 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:
6 species

Canada Goose  40
Trumpeter Swan  2
Ring-necked Duck  30
Lesser Scaup  3
Bufflehead  6
Hooded Merganser  2

View this checklist online at

Killdeer Plains Wildlife Area--Reservoir, Wyandot, Ohio, US
Feb 27, 2016 3:00 PM - 3:12 PM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:
3 species

Canada Goose  200
Mallard  2
Common Merganser  1

View this checklist online at

Lawrence Woods State Nature Preserve--Woods Boardwalk, Hardin, Ohio, US
Feb 27, 2016 1:05 PM - 2:31 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.5 mile(s)
Comments: