OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2016

From:
kent miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
kent miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Feb 2016 01:38:34 +0000
As far as I'm aware the last positive report of the Kelp from Springfield Lake was the evening of 2/11. It was not seen the morning of the 12th when the lake became almost completely frozen overnight. I heard one negative report last night and no reports either way from today.
The bird was more regular than it had ever been leading up to this freeze over so hopefully the lake will open back up next week and it will start to become regular again.Kent Miller