OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2016

From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 2016 20:12:11 -0500
There was a decent movement of birds today with dabblers and herring gulls
making up the majority.  Of note were 3 white-fronted geese and a glaucous
gull.

The last month or so has been very slow.  Even days when the lake was open
there were few birds moving.  Yesterday, there were a lot of mergansers and
gulls out far due to the ice so I didn't try to do a count

Lakeshore Waterbird Survey

Lakeshore Reservation, North Perry, Lake County

February 21, 2016, 0715-1015

Weather- partly cloudy, Winds- W 5

Temperature- 32-35, Barometer- 29.96-30.02

Humidity- 89-86, Dew point- 30-33

Waves- 1 feet, Flight direction- east

Ice coverage- 70%, most was very thin

WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE   3