OHIO-BIRDS Archives

February 2016

From:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Darlene Sillick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 2016 20:53:05 -0500
We hope to see you there!

DCBC PROGRAMS - SAME GREAT

PROGRAMS, NEW VENUE

     The Delaware County Bird Club meetings and program presentations take
place on the fourth Monday of each month, September through April, except in
November and December when they are held on alternate days to accommodate
the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays. And beginning with the meeting on
September 28th, 2015, the club will hold programs in the lodge at Deer Haven
Preserve at 4183 Liberty Road, Delaware OH, 43015.

     Deer Haven Preserve is part of Preservation Parks of Delaware County
and is less than 5 miles south of the club's old venue at Ohio Wesleyan
University. As in the past, conversation and refreshments begin at 7:00 PM;
the meetings and programs start at 7:30 PM. Meeting dates can also be found
on the Preservation Parks Calendar at this link:

http://www.preservationparks.com/events-calendar/

DCBC PROGRAMS FOR LATE WINTER & EARLY SPRING

February 22nd: "Preservation Parks Avian Info Round-Up". Kim Banks,
Naturalist, Preservation Parks of Delaware County.

     Join park staff for a mashup of birding topics! Vernal pools, wetlands,
prairies and forests are all pieces of the resource management puzzle that
are managed and have an impact on local bird life. Discover an overview of
our current and future habitat management practices of some of our larger
parks in the system by our natural resource manager, Chris Roshon. In
addition, we will share notable bird sightings from 2015 as well as a
summation of data of the cavity-nesting species that have been monitored by
volunteers and staff.

March 28th: "The Wonderful World of Warblers".

Tom Sheley, Owner of Wild Birds Unlimited (Sawmill Road).