OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2016

From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2016 06:09:28 -0400
Greetings!

Well, things along the boardwalk are STARTing to turn over with a couple of
early migrants popping up on the boardwalk.  FOY Pheobe and Hermit Thrush
made the usual walk amongst the woodpeckers different.

The Pileated Woodpeckers are starting to become "active" with their calls
being heard in different parts of the woods.

Lots of Golden-crowned Kinglets  scattered throughout.

A female Bluebird greeted me in the parking lot as I was leaving...it is on
my prairie list...which reminds me....

Lawrence Woods has within the last couple of years added an as of yet
unmarked grass trail through about a mile of the prairie, It starts and
ends at either end of the parking lot.  It is not the areas that have the
no entry signs down along the woodline.
There are parts that do get rather wet, and ticks are always an issue in
the spring.  But it does make a pleasant walk in the spring and summer when
some of the migrants return.  I have gotten Blue-winged Warblers and
Yellow-breasted Chats in those parts of the prairie in the past.

It also has its own Hotspot so people don't go down the proverbial wrong
path.

What follows is my Boardwalk list.

Happy birding and God bless.

Steve J.

Lawrence Woods State Nature Preserve--Woods Boardwalk, Hardin, Ohio, US
Mar 21, 2016 4:40 PM - 6:09 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.25 mile(s)
Comments: