OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2016

From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2016 06:06:03 -0400
Big Island and Killdeer have been pretty busy.  Check out Charlie Bombaci's
report for what has been seen as of late.  However we don't get the numbers
or rare species that people seem to want. :-D

I think that the waterfowl migration portion is starting to close, based on
the reporting of shorebirds, and by what I'm seeing/hearing at Lawrence
Woods...  It isn't totally finished, by no means.  But they almost have to
be near completion.

I would pop up to all of the ponds of Killdeer Plains, and Upper Sandusky's
reservoir #2, Then hit Herr Rd, and the ponds of Big Island on your way
back.  I've consistently had 20 species of waterfowl for the month of
March...some have trickled off, but others have increased.  The Teal Pond
trail has been productive at Batelle-Darby (Columbus area) as well.

I, however will probably be working, so...

Happy birding and God bless,

Steve J