OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2016

From:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2016 06:28:07 -0400
We visited Funk Bottoms Wildlife Area in Wayne County on Wednesday and
there were lots of ducks present. Northern Pintails seem to especially like
the habitat at Funk. We also saw our first large group of Pectoral
Sandpipers along OH-95. The observation tower, OH-95, and Wilderness Road
are worth checking. The water level is down and Wilderness Road is now
passable.

Here is a link to all the birding locations near Funk Bottoms:
http://ohioebirdhotspots.wikispaces.com/Funk+Bottoms+Wildlife+Area

Ken Ostermiller
Westfield Center

Ken Ostermiller