OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2016

From:
Alex Eberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Eberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:52:51 -0400
Bill,

I don't plan to argue publicly, as we're both adults, but his taken offense is an accumulation of your repeated snarky comments towards listers. I have received no less than 5 other private responses agreeing with this. Maybe you don't realize how these comments come off to the rest of the list, but it comes off as intimidating and quite condescending. We understand you've made many contributions, but having some underlying distaste for listers and constantly implying that they, on average, are less skilled or caring birders is in quite bad taste. If you disagree with the idea of listing, that's fine. But there is no reason to air it out over this Listserv and potentially discourage others from contributing to it. Whether you wish to acknowledge it or not, that is what is happening. Regardless of our thoughts and views, we're all here for one reason; BIRDS. It's time we acted like it.

Bird on,

Alex Eberts