OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2016

From:
Todd Eiben <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Todd Eiben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2016 14:04:49 -0400
Bill,  To me you insinuated that listers aren't real birders and you would automatically be a better birder (real birder?)  if you understood why a particular bird showed up where it did.  There seems to be no middle ground with your response.  Also, you come across as not really respecting "listers" because that is the polar opposite of what you are.

Whether you intended to say that or not, that is the way it came across to me.    Most online forums consider this trolling (even though this is VERY mild in nature compared to most forumns.    It seemed like you were aiming for responses by saying something controversial that was sure to offend some folks.

This may not be how you intended it, but this is how I read your response about the Red Headed Woodpecker ongoing conversation.

I have only seen 4 Red Headed Woodpeckers.  I saw 3 of them, and got photos, in the same area at Wellington Reservation that I saw the American Bittern last December.  They are such a great woodpecker...my favorite to look at in Ohio.   Todd