OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2016

From:
Randy Rowe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Rowe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2016 20:22:30 -0400
Bill: I have never met you, but I enjoy reading your comments on the
listserve. I am a retired biological plant scientist, but I'm also a life
long birder. As a lister myself, I am an amateur in the study of birds, but
my biological science background makes me interested in all aspects of
ornithology. Most fields of biological science do not have the large cadre
of amateur participants, as is the case of birding. Certainly my field had
almost none. The participation in various aspects of bird study by these
large numbers of people of all backgrounds and training is a tremendous
asset to the science, regardless of what they do. However, with such a
diverse group of people, who come to their interest in birds from many
different perspectives, we all must be respectful of everyone. Some may
take offense at the way things are worded, so I guess we have to be careful
of how we word things too.

My best wishes to you, Bill, and please keep contributing your viewpoints
to the many topics that are discussed on this list. I have learned much
from you.

Randy Rowe, Wooster