OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2016

From:
mary warren <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
mary warren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Mar 2016 11:40:09 -0400
This was sent to me by Dave from Black River Audubon:

Please feel free to pass this information onto others and feel free to post on Ohio Birds. Thank you!!

Black River Audubon April 5 Program

The Black River Audubon society is pleased to present, Jason Lewis, Refuge Manager at Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge, on April 5 at 7pm at Carlisle Reservation Visitor Center, 12882 Diagonal Road, LaGrange. His talk is titled Ottawa National Wildlife Refuge: Conserving the Future and Connecting People to Nature.
“I will highlight the refuge’s history and management, along with our public use programs,” he explained. “Our programs are designed to bring people and nature together.”
Prior to coming to Northwest Ohio in 2011, Lewis spent 4 years at Mingo National Wildlife Refuge in Southeast Missouri and 9 years at Big Oaks National Wildlife Refuge in Southeast Indiana.   He received his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from Ball State University.  For his graduate thesis, he studied the habitat selection and productivity of the acadian flycatcher in the Appalachian Mountains of Virginia.  He is an avid birdwatcher and enjoys photography, sports, and outdoor recreation.
This program is free to the public. For more information on programs, volunteering or becoming a member, visit www.blackriveraudubon.org or call 440-225-7601.