OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2016

Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2016 13:52:13 +0000
The gravel pits are located less than a mile away from Spring Valley Wildlife Area. If coming from 42 all birds were in the pit on the right. The pits are holding good numbers of ducks still and worth checking out if in the area. Scope is highly recommended. Last night around 6pm I had.

Canada Goose Only 1 in the pit and had a couple flyover heading to Spring Valley.

Gadwall

Redhead

Canvasback

American Wigeon

Mallard

Northern Shoveler

Ring-necked Duck

Lesser Scaup

Greater Scaup

Common Goldeneye

Common Merganser

American Coot were also mixed in

It was getting dark and I couldn't get good looks at every bird. I could not relocate the Eurasian Wigeon but I wouldn't be surprised if it is still present or if other goodies might be swimming around in there.

Also of note at Spring Valley Wildlife Area last night Sarah and I had American Woodcocks Peenting and doing there flight display over our heads.

-Jeremy Dominguez

Greene Co. Ohio