OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2016

From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2016 09:18:09 -0500
Surely you don't mean to exile Canadians from the ABA, or Canada from
the ABA area? Do you really think the ABA would ignore the AOU's
decision if they add Greenland to its area? I just dug around in my
files, and found the "Report of the ABA Checklist Committee," from Chan
Robbins in 1979 (Birding Dec 1979, p 294), which included the following:
"The advantages and disadvantages of expanding the ABA area to include
Greenland and Bermuda were considered, but there was insufficient
support to include these islands in the forthcoming revision."
Remember Prince Edward Island!
Bill W