OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2016

From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2016 10:50:58 -0400
The reason why it has gotten thin is very simple.  People on the list seem
to take it upon themselves to critique other's posts off list.  Private
emails and the like from those NOT moderating, made people think that their
opinions were invalid...or not wanted.  The format of how someone who was
new to online posting was ridiculed to the point where he would rather post
on Facebook.  The attitude of birders in the field also throws people off,
if someone on the list is...grumpy shall we say...out in the field, it
throws a bad light on the whole list.

It is hard for people like me to tell people they need to sign up and post
sightings, when they tell me that they used to till someone started
complaining...

I could go on, but Day shift calls.

Steve J