OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2016

From:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Whan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2016 09:58:29 -0500
Thanks, Jeff--
        Yeah, if I had to pick the worst model for a metropark, it would be
Geauga's. There are plenty of playgrounds, and if we really want more
they should come from brownfields and blighted neighborhoods and the
sites of failed department stores. Want gun ranges, bike races, exercise
equipment, regattas, fireworks, etc.? That's cool, but don't despoil
remnants of the natural environment. I'm pretty proud of my local
metroparks, but don't close my eyes on them. Oh yeah, I had half a dozen
TVs over the back yard this morning...
Bill Whan
Franklin Co.