OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2016

From:
Matthew Valenic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Valenic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2016 22:41:17 -0400
I scanned  several and here are my quick observations:

Lots of info offered (folks who probably received much info form the list in the past and are 'paying forward')

You get a quick summary of all the hotspots for that time of the year (March and April birding in southern Ohio forests, for example).  If you were new to birding, here is where the birds are being seen!

Photo documentation being recommended (using 'Instamatic' cameras and Camcorders).  Today we are 'digiscoping' with iPhone 6 and publishing those pictures and videos and sounds in minutes from the same phone.

There were a lot of emails, probably because there was nowhere else to 'converse' about birding in Ohio.

Long lists of birds een were published, even until just a couple years ago.  Today we can add a link to the email and you can see my long list from eBird - try this as an example
(http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S28048865)  .  That's 43 species AND pictures!  Some change is VERY good!

Time to hit-the-sack!

Matt Valencic