OHIO-BIRDS Archives

March 2016

From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Mar 2016 00:21:26 +0000
I made a trip into Ashtabula County checking the lakefront.  Generally it was very slow with very few ducks and even fewer gulls.  The only birds of note were little, Thayer's and lesser black-backed gulls at Conneaut.  The adult little gull flew through the outer harbor with two Bonaparte's gulls.  It was flying west and did not stop.  There were only about five other Bonaparte's in the area.  The Thayer's (2nd cycle) and lesser black-backed gull (adult) were on the sandspit.  A young eagle forced them up.  The sandspit is still closed.  Geneva and Ashtabula had nothing of note.

John Pogacnik