From:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pogacnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2016 14:49:18 +0000
I spent the morning birding the lane Road section of Lake Erie Bluffs Park in Lake County.  The winds were calm to start with and changed to the east pretty quick.  By 10;00 the winds were picking up out of the east quite a bit.  The nearly constant east winds up here have really slowed things down.  I did have a singing orange-crowned warbler.  It was in the stretch of trail immediately north of the end of Lane Road.  Migrants were low in numbers and seemed to be clustered in a few spots.  There were a number of vultures moving when I left.  Also moving were 9 sharp-shinned hawks, 1 broad-winged hawk, and a northern harrier.

Lake Erie Bluffs Metropark--Lane Rd., Lake, Ohio, US
Apr 25, 2016 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments:     Light winds switched to the east around 8:30 and then picked up around 10:00, slowing down migration.
64 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose  11
Mallard  3
Red-breasted Merganser  19
Wild Turkey  2
Double-crested Cormorant  582
Great Blue Heron  9
Turkey Vulture  67
Northern Harrier  1
Sharp-shinned Hawk  9
Cooper's Hawk  1
Bald Eagle  3
Broad-winged Hawk  1
Red-tailed Hawk  2
Killdeer  1
Bonaparte's Gull  39
Ring-billed Gull  311
Herring Gull  74
Caspian Tern  18
Mourning Dove  22
Belted Kingfisher  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  6
Downy Woodpecker  4
Northern Flicker  24
American Kestrel  2
Eastern Phoebe  1
Blue Jay  189
American Crow  22
Northern Rough-winged Swallow  34
Purple Martin  2
Tree Swallow  52
Bank Swallow  11
Barn Swallow  9
swallow sp.  40
Black-capped Chickadee  3
Tufted Titmouse  1
White-breasted Nuthatch  1
House Wren  1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  1
Golden-crowned Kinglet  1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  11
Eastern Bluebird  2
Hermit Thrush  5
American Robin  31
Gray Catbird  1
Brown Thrasher  6
Northern Mockingbird  1
European Starling  86
Orange-crowned Warbler  1     Along the trail just north of the end of Lane Road.  the bird was seen and heard.
Palm Warbler  1
Yellow-rumped Warbler  8
Chipping Sparrow  3
Field Sparrow  1