From:
Anna Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anna Rose <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Apr 2016 14:52:59 -0400
Hello,
This morning at Green Lawn I saw a variety of interest species including 6 species of Wood Warbler, 2 Species of Nuthatch, 3 species of Buteos, and 3 Species of Vireos. Early in the morning was especially good birding.

Total Time: 7:54-12:23pm
51 Species Total

Behind the Green Lawn Office (7:54 am)
(parking lot and office are on the right when you drive in)

1  Wood Thrush (singing)
    American Robins
    White-throated Sparrows

Field Across From the Office

1  Field Sparrow
2  House Wrens
2  Eastern Bluebirds
Tree Swallows
Song Sparrows

"The Pit" (A small pond surrounded by brush and a bird feeder)
It is located past the office and is the third or fourth right after the red road line veers left.

1   Yellow Warbler
12 Yellow-rumped Warbler
3   Black-and-White Warbler
1   Blue-winged Warbler
1   Prothonotary Warbler
2   Eastern Phoebe
2   Ruby-crowned Kinglets
2   Mallard
1   Canada Goose
2   Wood Duck
1   Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
2   Red-bellied Woodpecker
2   Palm Warblers
1   Pine Siskin
3   Chipping Sparrow
1   House Finch

Red-winged Blackbird
American Robins
Cardinals
Blue Jays
Mourning Dove

Wood Area with The Iron Bridge
(south of "The Pit")

1 White-eyed Vireo (singing)
1 Red-eyed Vireo
1 Blue-headed Vireo
1 Red-breasted Nuthatch
1 Eastern Towhee
1 Broad-winged Hawk
1 Northern Flicker
... and a possible Catbird

North Eastern Quadrant

1  Baltimore Oriole (Singing from brush on Perimeter)
1  Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Common Grackle
20+ White-throated Sparrow

Dispersed Throughout the Park