From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2016 05:55:46 -0400
A very tired and life bird GREETINGS!

I had a great day yesterday on the boardwalk at Magee Marsh. Followed up by
watching and photographing the pile of Willets at Metzger Marsh.

Best part of the day is that I was FINALLY able to get my final typical
Ohio bird...an Orange-crowned Warbler. (There are a few others, but those
are the one day wonders that we all suffer from.

List highlights:

13 warbler species (I missed a Cape May that someone saw.)
14 Pelican flyover
60 Willet

After I left Metzger, I had 78 species.  By the time I drove through Oak
Harbor I had 80.  If i had been able to get everything mentioned seen on or
around the boardwalk, I would have had about 85...its getting downright
birdy out there. :-D
Lists bellow.

Happy Birding and God bless,

Steve J.

Magee Marsh Wildlife Area--Boardwalk
Apr 25, 2016
7:20 AM
Traveling
1.50 miles
513 minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments:
Submitted from eBird Android 1.0.4

6 Canada Goose
2 Trumpeter Swan
15 Wood Duck
4 Blue-winged Teal
3 Northern Shoveler
3 Double-crested Cormorant
14 American White Pelican -- Flyover. Big Wite birds black wing tips, big
orange bill.
4 Great Blue Heron
1 Great Egret
6 Bald Eagle
2 Sandhill Crane
1 Killdeer
1 Lesser Yellowlegs
2 American Woodcock
2 Ring-billed Gull
2 Herring Gull
2 Common Tern
10 Mourning Dove
8 Chimney Swift
1 Red-bellied Woodpecker
5 Downy Woodpecker
2 Northern Flicker
2 Least Flycatcher
1 White-eyed Vireo
2 Blue-headed Vireo
1 Warbling Vireo
180 Blue Jay
200 Tree Swallow
2 Black-capped Chickadee
2 Brown Creeper
5 House Wren
4 Winter Wren
4 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
25 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
1 Swainson's Thrush
2 Hermit Thrush
1 Wood Thrush
25 American Robin
3 Gray Catbird
3 Brown Thrasher
5 European Starling
1 Northern Waterthrush
1 Blue-winged Warbler
1 Prothonotary Warbler
1 Tennessee Warbler
1 Orange-crowned Warbler
4 Nashville Warbler
1 Northern Parula
1 Blackburnian Warbler
2 Yellow Warbler
7 Palm Warbler
5 Pine Warbler
75 Yellow-rumped Warbler
2 Black-throated Green Warbler
3 Chipping Sparrow
125 White-throated Sparrow
3 Song Sparrow
1 Swamp Sparrow
3 Eastern Towhee
2 Scarlet Tanager
4 Northern Cardinal
50 Red-winged Blackbird
2 Rusty Blackbird
150 Common Grackle
10 American Goldfinch

Number of Taxa: 65

Magee Marsh--Causeway Marshes (Lucas Co.)
Apr 25, 2016
3:58 PM
Traveling
1.20 miles
12 minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments:
Submitted from eBird Android 1.0.4

30 Canada Goose
8 Mallard
2 Pied-billed Grebe
1 Double-crested Cormorant
8 Great Egret
1 Snowy Egret
13 American Coot
1 Eastern Phoebe
20 Barn Swallow

Number of Taxa: 9

Metzger Marsh--Causeway Viewing Areas
Apr 25, 2016
4:30 PM
Traveling
0.25 miles
24 minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments:
Submitted from eBird Android 1.0.4

20 Canada Goose
4 Mallard
6 Lesser Scaup
2 Pied-billed Grebe
1 Double-crested Cormorant
5 Great Blue Heron
2 Great Egret
3 Turkey Vulture
1 Bald Eagle
20 American Coot
2 Killdeer
60 Willet -- Will post pictures later. When in flight you can see black
bands on wings.
2 Bonaparte's Gull
10 Ring-billed Gull
4 Herring Gull