From:
"Simpson, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simpson, Bruce
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2016 13:30:19 -0400
  Lake Hope State Park & Zaleski State Forest are located 15 miles from
Nelsonville (Rte 33) off of Rte 278

 I spent 4 days in the area April 21st through the 24th (Thurs-Sun)

 On Saturday I enjoyed the company of the group of Birders from the First
Annual "Bird in the Hills"-Joe Brehm [log in to unmask] They were a great
group of Birders!!!

 Below is a list of some of the Birds seen

 For more details go to eBird Hotspots Zaleski State Forest

       This will give you places to Bird

       It also will mention the 20 Breeding Warblers in this area & their
Specific Habitat

    Warblers
      Breeders in the area
          Blue-winged
          N Parula
          Yellow
          Chestnut-sided
          Magnolia- not seen this trip
          Black-throated Green
          Yellow-throated
          Pine
          Cerulean
          Black-and-white
          American Redstart
          Prothonotary
          Worm-eating
          Ovenbird
          Louisiana Waterthrush
          Kentucky
          C Yellowthroat
          Hooded
          Yellow-breasted Chat-not seen on this trip
          Prairie
       Migrants
          Blackburian
          Palm
          Nashville
          Tennessee
          Yellow-rumped

  Other Birds seen
       Hawks
            Red-tailed
            Broad-winged
            Red-shouldered
      Pileated Woodpeckers
      Red-headed Woodpecker
      Great Blue Heron
      Osprey
      Wild Turkey
      C Nighthawk
      Chimney Swift
      E phoebe
      Vireos
        Red-eyed
        White-eyed
        Yellow-throated
     Barn Swallow
     N Rough-winged Swallow
     Carolina Wren
     Ruby-crowned Kinglet
     Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
     E Bluebird
     N Mockingbird
     Scarlet Tanager
     White-throated Sparrow
     Rose-breasted Grosbeak
     Wood Ducks
     E Towhee

        Bruce Simpson-Naturalist at Blendon Woods Metro Park in Columbus