From:
"Gaunt, Sandra" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gaunt, Sandra
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2016 17:41:34 +0000
At the Kiwanis Riverside park off Rt 33 S of Rt 161 Dublin OH there was a Pectoral Sandpiper seen by me and another person at about 1030am.  A single bird in the shallow area between the path and the island.  I assumed it to be a Solitary but took a closer look.  Both appearance  - the dark chest and white belly with russet shoulders, and behavior - no tail pumping have me pretty certain that this was a migrating pectoral.  Hope someone can get an additional sighting.

Also today, first of the year Baltimore oriole - 2, and conspicuous, singing swamp sparrow.  Only a few yellow-rumpted warblers.  Sandy

Sandra L. L. Gaunt                           Phone Home: 614-876-5829
Borror Laboratory of Bioacoustics               Cell: 614-581-1925
  Curator, retired                                        4795 Hayden Blvd
Museum of Biological Diversity                    Columbus OH 43221
The Ohio State University
1315 Kinnear Rd, Columbus OH 43212-1192

   ()< o/'o/'o/'   BLB web site:
  )|)                 http://BLB.osu.edu<http://blb.osu.edu>