From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Apr 2016 16:05:23 -0400
Greetings!

know that the amount of Common Ravens in Ohio right now can be counted on
one hand...I am going to try and make it a +1.

While at work today at East Liberty (I drive cars outside all day) once in
the morning, and once just now at 2:00pm, I saw a rather large black bird.
The first encounter, I saw what I thought as the silouhete of  a hawk in
the way that is soared, rose, and dove.  I thought it was our resident male
Red-tailed Hawk, but as I drove under it, I could see the wedge shaped
tail...and actual black feathers.  It was soaring with flat wings, not
dihedral.
The second visit, it landed about 15 feet in front of me as I drove past,
and I was able to see its rather large bill and body with feathers not as
"black" as our crows.  It was alone and was gone by the time I came back
around.

I could not get pictures due to the area I'm in.  However, if someone is
over this way, I would check the wood lots to the north of the
plant...there are lots of TUVUs here as well...but it wasn't one of those.

I do remember reports of one nearby in the last year or so.

Keep Calm and BIRD ON!

Happy birding, and God bless.

Steve J.