From:
Matthew Valenic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Valenic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Apr 2016 11:13:41 -0400
There is nothing wrong with developing a close 'circle' of birding friends who share special sightings among themselves.  That's a huge part of birding for me - the people I have met and continue to enjoy today.  I collect  email addresses and phone numbers so I can text when something cool shows up.  If you are still a working stiff, it's called networking, and it takes 'work' to develop the 'net' but the payoff is new relationships with people who share your interests.  I currently have 42 email address in Outlook and where it asks for 'Company' I simply put "Birder".  I do the same with phone numbers in my iPhone so I can quickly look at the list of options if I can't recall a person's name (I do that a lot!).

Hope this is accepted as a 'solution' because that's is the intent.  It's people that make life joyful.

Now, as Steve suggested this morning, let's get out there and be the first to find a new migrant!  I'm out-of-here for LaDue and Frohring Meadows.

Matt Valencic
Geauga County