From:
"J. Hochadel" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
J. Hochadel
Date:
Wed, 13 Apr 2016 20:29:20 -0400
Today's five mile walk yielded some new arrivals, but overall the birding
was fairly quiet (most species not singing) and light, with 30 species
observed. No Eastern Towhees calling today.

*Highlights (in no particular order):*
Wild Turkey - 2
Golden-crowned Kinglet - 5
Great Crested Flycatcher - 1 calling
Eastern Phoebe - 1
Green-winged Teal - 7
Blue-winged Teal - 17
Great Blue Heron - 1
Red-headed Woodpecker - 3
Wood Duck - 2 (a pair)
Eastern Bluebird - 1
Tree Swallow - 6
Rusty Blackbird - 1
Belted Kingfisher - 1
Song Sparrow - two were counter-singing, then one flew across the trail
into the other's territory. They squabbled, feathers flew, and the first
one flew back across the trail. Singing resumed.

One beaver swam by while I was counting ducks. :)

Judy Hochadel