From:
Dale Brubeck <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 10 May 2016 19:30:48 +0000
I birded the pet trail from its beginning to the dip about 400 yards into the trail.  The best birding was about 100 yards north and south of the dip. I was there from 9:30--11 am, and 12:30--2:30 pm.

I saw a swamp sparrow and magnolia warbler right at the kiosk as you enter, right at 9:30 am.

Other warblers:  Tennessee, Nashville, no. parula, black-throated blue, yellow-rumpled, black-throated green, palm, black and white, Am. redstart, prothonotary (I think), yellow-throat (heard), hooded female but heard males.

Other birds of note:barred owl in distance, eastern wood peewee, white-eyed vireo, red-eyed vireo, blue-headed vireo, veery, scarlet tanager--m and f, towhees, rosebreasted grosbeak--m and f; indigo bunting.

I largely avoided the rain showers. Very muddy--bring your wellies.

Dale Brubeck