From:
Helen Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Helen Ostermiller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 May 2016 10:36:07 -0400
The highlight of our quick walk in the Westfiled Center village park adjacent to our property was a Northern Waterthrush that perched on the edge of the woods, bobbed and sang several times before flying back down to the ground.  We've had enough rain that the woods here have many pools, good enough for a migration stop, apparently.  I only wish it had been on our property, and we could add it as a yard bird!

We also saw the first catbird we've seen in the park.

Yesterday afternoon on Wilderness Road (Wayne County) we could scope about 50 American Golden Plover and 7 Caspian Terns, north of the road, 2 Black-necked Stilts south of Valley Oaks Farm along with a number of Lesser Yellowlegs, Spotted Sandpipers and a variety of dabbling ducks.  Township Road 1950 hosted over 75 Lesser Yellowlegs, several Greater Yellowlegs, a few Dunlin and Spotted Sandpipers.

Helen and Ken Ostermiller
Medina County