From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 May 2016 10:17:31 -0400
I was able to find the Upland Sandpipers that were reported by Jim earlier
this week.  True to the post, they were perched atop telephone poles when I
got there and stayed for a bit before flying to the back of the farm
field.  I heard the two mentioned before plus I think a third, but I
couldn't locate, so I didn't count it.  I'll leave it up to local
birders/eBirders if they want to make it a hot spot.  Other good bird was
Bobolinks...which made it difficult to hear the Sandpipers.  :-D

List with link to online list below which includes a photo of my screen
showing one of the birds.

Happy birding and God bless,

Steve J.
US-Ohio-Jefferson-3729 Stollacker Rd - 41.767x-80.661, Ashtabula, Ohio, US
May 6, 2016 9:00 AM - 9:26 AM
Protocol: Stationary
Comments:     <br />Submitted from eBird Android 1.0.4
6 species

Canada Goose  5
Upland Sandpiper  2     Medium sized shorebird buffy brown in color with
white underbelly. Both were sitting atop telephone poles when seen.
Song Sparrow  4
Bobolink  3
Red-winged Blackbird  20
Eastern Meadowlark  2