From:
Kay Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kay Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2016 15:45:41 -0700
I am one of a group of 3 birders who will be spending several days birding
the western portions of the Erie shore region a little later this month.

My major question is whether we should bring our knee-high waterproof boots,
or whether our normal (mostly waterproof) shoes will be sufficient.  Clearly
we'd rather not lug the boots along (we're flying in from Arizona and
Oregon), but we made a mistake when we left them behind on last spring's
trip to the Texas coast.  The sites we plan to visit are:

.       Maumee Bay SP/Mallard Club Marsh

.       Magee Marsh/Ottawa NWR/Metzger Marsh/Black Swamp

.       Oak Openings Preserve and possibly Secor/Irwin Prairie/Wildwood
Metroparks

.       Possibly Catawba Island Nature Preserve, East Harbor SP, Pipe Creek,
and/or Sheldon Marsh

.       Possibly Springville Marsh

My second question is whether time of day is important for finding migrants
in these areas.  I assume early mornings are likely to be best, but we found
that late afternoon was best during spring migration on the gulf coast, so
don't want to make any assumptions.

Thanks for your help.

Kay Carter

Canby, Oregon