From:
Angel Seurkamp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Angel Seurkamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2016 20:45:24 -0400
Saturday morning trip with my 10 yr and 12 yr old sons.  We accidentally went to the trail head instead of the office and therefore missed the Boch Hollow birding event, but didn't miss any birds!!
Great trip for my seasoned older son and his brother who is just getting into birding and wonderful memories for mom.  :)
I notice from the notes that we listed the Acadian as unsure, but we later confirmed it with call.  I forgot to take that note out (this is only my second eBird report, bear with me). The trail was dripping with Fly-catchers and Ovenbirds!

Angel Seurkamp

39.6333x-82.4186 - May 7, 2016, 8:30 AM
May 7, 2016
8:30 AM
Traveling
1.50 miles
90 Minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: Nice variety of habitat (field, pine, pond, deciduous with ridges) for a good variety of migrants and nesting birds.
Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 1.2.0 Build 62

8 Black Vulture -- 2 flew over trail, 5 around deer carcass along road near turn off for Preserve office.
2 Downy Woodpecker
1 Eastern Wood-Pewee -- Heard only
2 Acadian Flycatcher -- Unsure
4 Eastern Phoebe -- Hunting by shelter.    Nest and hunting by pond (gazebo)
2 Blue Jay
2 Carolina Chickadee
2 Blue-gray Gnatcatcher -- On nest
1 Wood Thrush -- Only saw one, but multiple heard.
6 American Robin
4 Ovenbird -- Multiple sightings along the trail with excellent views and singing.
2 Common Yellowthroat -- Near parking lot.    Another by pond. Both singing.
2 American Redstart
1 Magnolia Warbler -- By pond great view!!
1 Song Sparrow
2 Eastern Towhee -- Male and female
2 Scarlet Tanager -- Male and female
1 Rose-breasted Grosbeak