OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2016

From:
Tania Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tania Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jun 2016 00:36:57 -0400
I am excited and fortunate to say that I am currently seeing 3 different
RHWP's feeding regularly at my feeders/suet this year. The first one
appeared around the end of March but for the past few months they r showing
up daily.
The Red Bellies and Red Heads have been displaying a vocal, drumming and
aerial tactics of an all out war for, "this is my suet cake today."
I've have lived at my current location for 14 years and for the past 5-6
haven't seen any sightings. This has been a great surprise. I am keeping my
fingers crossed that I may see some young ones in tow as the adults
continue to feed at my buffet.
I have had young HWP's and DWP's this past week and a Pileated who shows up
a couple of times a month as well.
I never grow tired of watching this amazing gift!
Thanks Paul and Bill for the reminder and wise encouragement to report.
 Tania