OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2016

From:
inga schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
inga schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2016 17:02:39 -0400
I was hoping to have cicadas emerge here at my home in Geauga Co., so
I could enjoy seeing the cuckoos come to feast.  So far, no cicadas.

I just wanted to mention another feasting that I observed here.  A couple of
years ago I had an amazing number of toads emerge from the pond and congregate
in the driveway.  They were the size of lady bugs.  Just tiny.  A yellow billed
cuckoo showed up on the edge of the driveway and was helping itself to the
tiny toads.

Inga Schmidt
Chagrin River Road, Geauga Co at the Cuy. Co. line