OHIO-BIRDS Archives

June 2016

From:
Alex Eberts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Eberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 2016 10:40:17 -0400
The Tree Swallows that nest in my yard every year as well as the neighbor's Barn Swallows always do this, especially with feathers. It seems they do have "fun" playing with them and playing tag. I'll always throw some of the feathers from my chickens out in the yard and it's almost as if they're watching for them because they'll dive and play for quite awhile. It's very amusing to watch!