OHIO-BIRDS Archives

July 2016

From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jul 2016 06:25:16 -0400
In general, I've noticed a decrease in the amount of both Bank and Cliff
swallows seen this year.   Those few that I have seen have been nesting
later in the season...dunno if the weird spring had anything to do with it.

I have seen more Roughies this year...but it could be that I have finally
started to notice them.

Barn and Tree have been about the same. As have the Martin colonies.  I
have noticed at Lawrence Woods that the Tree Swallows stuck to one brood
though...where Big Island seems to be in continual production. They also
seemed to have started earlier there with their first broods causing
momentary confusion thinking they were migrating Banks. :-D

Happy Birding and God bless!

Steve J.