OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2016

From:
Stefan Minnig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stefan Minnig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2016 12:26:54 +0000
Hello all,

Two Little Blue Herons and the White Ibis were present this morning at Englewood Metropark in Montgomery County. The birds were on the southwest side of what Google labels the "Englewood Recreation Reservoir," but still viewable from "Pattys Road". (On Google, it's a cove near the label of "Englewood Metro DGC".) Everything is pretty much mud flats right now with a few areas of what seems like shallow water.

For those visiting, if one comes early in the morning, as did I, the gates are closed until 8am, so you must hike 1/3 mile down to the reservoir or wait until the gates open. I parked in the lot off of U.S. 40.

Awesome birds to see in this area. The White Ibis was initially nowhere to be found, but flew in as I was photographing the Little Blue Herons.

Stefan Minnig