OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2016

From:
Ken Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2016 10:28:31 -0400
I have seen eBird lists with Lark Sparrows at the Black River Reservation. I have printed a map from the park's website and was hoping to try to find the birds. Can anyone please tell me specifically where the sparrows have been regularly spotted along the trails?

I did not see many recent eBird lists for the Lorain Harbor birding spots. A few weeks ago I ran into a birder at Sandy Ridge who said that the area has not been maintained very well for the birds. What is the condition of the Lorain Harbor area for birding? It is close to the Black River Reservation, which is why I am asking. I think it used to be a good place for migrant shorebirds in the past. I check it from time to time because I would like to see an American Avocet someday.

Thanks.