OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2016

From:
Matthew Valenic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Valenic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2016 19:49:28 -0400
Here's a fun "what-do-you-think" exercise.  I photographed an albino swallow
today near the Coast Guard Station at Headwaters State Park on Lake Erie
(Lake County).  When you take away all color (red eyes and pink bill) it
gets interesting.  There were Barn Swallows and Tree Swallows flying around
with this bird.  I could not tell for sure but might also have been a couple
Northern Rough-winged Swallows, too.

Anyway, here's the link to the pics - have fun!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/85567104@N05/

Oh!  I don't know the answer but my GUESS (everyone is entitled to one) is
Tree Swallow.  I think the tail is right.  Wide wings rule out Bank.

Matt Valencic

Geauga County (I carried my passport when I entered Lake County to go
birding).