OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2016

From:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Aug 2016 15:26:26 -0400
Greetings!

As the water evaporates, more mud is being exposed.  While the Western was
not spotted today, Cam Lee Spotted a Shorebird that was not like the
others...sounds like Sesame Street. :-D We all got our scopes on it and
ID'ed it as an Upland Sandpiper....hasn't been seen or heard in Marion
County for a couple of years.and hasn't been a regular for well over a
decade.
Hopefully it was a local, and not one migrating through.  It would be nice
to regularly see and hear them again in Marion County.

Everything else was pretty typical...we even had a Sanderling struggling to
navigate the mudflats...
eBird list is below.  Follow the link to the online list for a picture of
the upland.

Looks to be a promising shorebird migration.

Happy Birding and God Bless!

Steve J.
Big Island Wildlife Area--North of Larue-Prospect Rd., Marion, Ohio, US
Aug 13, 2016 8:30 AM - 12:02 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.402 kilometer(s)
Comments:     <br>Submitted from eBird Android 1.3-beta2
34 species

Canada Goose  2
Trumpeter Swan  2
Mallard  12