OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2016

Date:
Sun, 21 Aug 2016 18:13:05 -0400
Some great shorebirds also were on the Ottawa Auto Tour especially on
Unit MS 4 on Widgeon Way :

4 Wilson's Phaleropes

7 Stilt SP

A good number of SB Dowitchers

Least and Semi-Palm SP's

Pectoral SP's

Both Yellow Legs

Semi-Palmated Plovers

A Juvie Peregrine Falcon, a successful hunter and also a disruptor of
the shorebird group.

Seen before the birds on Widgeon way were 10  Black-bellied Plovers and
a Red-necked Phalarope.

See you on the trails,

Chris Pierce