OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2016

From:
Donna Kuhn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 7 Aug 2016 17:58:26 -0400524_utf-8 Hello!

I wanted to share an update on the status of Fargo Road in Carroll Co as of today. The hayfields have begun to be harvested. It looks as if it began on either Friday or Saturday, but I have no real idea how much of that ground can be covered in a day of harvesting. Many American Crows and Turkey Vultures, as well as 2 Black Vultures, were feeding on the exposed insects and whatever else may have been exposed by the activity. I wonder what this hay is used for as it is pretty much devoid of any [...][log in to unmask]
Date:
Sat, 27 Aug 2016 15:03:16 -0400

Ibis and Marbled Godwit continue. Black-bellied Plover, Stilt Sandpiper & Sandhill Cranes.
Donna Kuhn