OHIO-BIRDS Archives

August 2016

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Aug 2016 01:51:10 +0000
 I was at Villa Angela/Wildwood Parks on the east side of Cleveland today on Lake Erie twice today.  From 8:45am to 10:30 and then again from 4:40 to 5:45pm.  In the morning it was hot and humid and very unbirdy for me.  Other than two unknown flycatchers high up in the trees in the birch/alder woods in the morning and a Great Crested Flycatcher the only other bird of interest was an Olive-sided Flycatcher in Villa Angela just left of the entrance road about 250 ft north of the Lakeshore parking lot in a group of at least five dead branches very high up  and was first seen from Wildwood down by Euclid Creek.  In the afternoon before the high winds blew in I saw one of the juvenile Black-crowned Night-Herons fly into the wetland around 4:40pm.  Wednesday I saw three juveniles late in the day.  Four were seen recently by others who go here almost daily very late in the day.  Saw a juvenile Green Heron fly into a sycamore tree on the Villa Angela Beach near mobile home park and a Black-and-White Warbler just south of the lake in the Villa Angela woods closer to the mobile home park.  This could be one of the resident warblers.  There were more Chimney Swifts today with a few Barn Swallows.
Nancy Anderson, Richmond Hts,https://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/