OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2016

From:
Blake Mathys <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Blake Mathys <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2016 15:27:31 +0000
I am starting a collaboration with a research lab at Ohio State, and I need to identify some possible bird banding sites in the Scioto River Watershed south of the Jackson Pike Wastewater Treatment Plant (which is in south Columbus). The locations don't necessarily need to be right on the river (although it's okay if they are), but need to have either a large number or a good diversity (or both) of songbirds that could be captured using mist nets. The sampling we're doing is not harmful and all birds will be banded and released. I can obtain permission from landowners, I'm just looking for some ideas from those of you who are more familiar with this area, and could suggest parks, homeowners with birdfeeders, agricultural sites (such as grain elevators), and so forth which might be good study locations. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to email me (it's probably best to reply off-list). Thank you,

Blake Mathys

Blake Mathys, Ph.D.

http://blakemathys.com/

Assistant Professor of Environmental Science
Ohio Dominican University