OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2016

From:
Casey Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Casey Tucker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Sep 2016 12:09:03 +0000
Hi Everyone!

Wow! I'm absolutely amazed by all of the oral and poster presentations that will be shared at this year's Ohio Avian Research Conference. You can view the current line-up of talks here: http://tuckercasey.wixsite.com/aacri-birds/oarc2016

This is a quick reminder to register on-line before October 14th to get the early registration prices of $15.00 for students and $25.00 for non-students. Additionally, if you'll be presenting a poster or oral presentation make sure you submit your abstract to [log in to unmask] by Oct. 14th.

I'll be sending out a link to the conference booklet, in pdf form, with all of the titles, abstracts, and conference details, including directions to Denison and the public parking garage connected to Samson-Talbot Hall (Denison's Biology Building), shortly after the 14th.  As a reminder this document is made available as a pdf to reduce paper waste and printing costs.

This year there will be an informal get-together after the conference in downtown Granville at the Broadway Pub (http://www.broadwaypuboh.com/). A group got together after last year's conference and we had a great time, so we thought we'd try it again this year.  Everyone is invited, and it's a great opportunity to talk birds, science, and all things nerdy over a pint or two (for those of age--legal disclaimer).

The conference is made possible through the generous support of Columbus Audubon's Wilson Fund, The Nature Conservancy of Ohio and Denison University.  The conference is endorsed by the American Ornithologist's Society.

If you have any questions in the meantime please don't hesitate to contact me. Look for at least one more message from me prior to the conference.

I look forward to seeing you all in October.

My Best,

Casey Tucker

Adjunct Instructor

Biology/Environmental Science