OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2016

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2016 01:54:00 +0000
 I went to Villa Angela/Wildwood Park (part of Euclid Creek Reservation) on the east side of Cleveland today near Lake Erie from 4:55pm to 7:35pm.  Lately I haven't been able to see many warblers here when I have been going on the weekends.  It seems they are seen elsewhere and  I always end up with the wrong winds or only see one or two.  I saw two warblers after work Tuesday but today I saw nine species of warbler which so far for me is very good.   Here is what I saw:
Euclid Beach & Villa AngelaRing-billed Gulls - approx. 420Herring Gulls - approx. 43 (more than I normally see here)Caspian Terns 3, Bonaparte's Gulls 1,
Villa Angela only, nine warbler species seen around 5:30pm only in the trees all around the grassy knoll with warblers seen everywhere I looked then by 6:15 they seemed to disappear then after walking around Villa Angela at 6:30 I saw a lot of them all again same place - Tennessee 1, Nashville 2, Chesnut-sided 4, Magnolia 2, Black-throated Green 1, Blackpoll 2, Black-and-white 2, American Redstart 2, Canada Warbler 1.Also seen one Swainson's Thrush, one Baltimore Oriole, Great Crested Flycatcher and Black-capped Chickadees 4, Tufted Titmouse 2.
Wildwood: Green Heron 1, Black-crowned Night-Herons 2 immatures, many Barn Swallows and Chimney Swifts closer to lakeshore Blvd (away from the northeast winds near the lake) 2 Eastern Phoebes.
Nancy Anderson, Richmond Hts,https://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/