OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2016

From:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Sep 2016 02:08:20 +0000
 I went to Villa Angela & Wildwood Parks on the east side of Cleveland today from12:35pm to 6:15pm, I stayed longer because of the Avocets but I did notice some of the birds I saw today I also saw at 6pm on Thursday 9/7 (including the Blackpoll Warblers) when they were actively feeding for a half hour around the grassy knoll, today there were many more Swainson's Thrush and most of the warblers (which I only had 8 species today) were in the Villa Angela woods closer to the lake and late afternoon they were flying back and forth to the trees along the beach, most everything was very high up when I can't get out early they seem to actively feed around 6pm, here are some of what I saw:  Warblers-Magnolia 3,  Black-throated Blue 2(m&f), Blackpoll 6, Black-and-White 2, American Redstart 3, Ovenbird 1, Common Yellowthroat 3 (only Wildwood), Wilson's 1 (also seen 9/7).
Swainson's Thrush - saw about four in Wildwood feeding high up on vine tangles on tall trees north side of woods standing down by creek, about 5-6 seen in Villa Angela.  Many Common Grackles, one Eastern Wood Pewee, two Red-eyed Vireos, one Warbling Vireo, Black-crowned Night-Heron only one juvenile seen today, an adult & juvenile seen 9/7.  Also, Red-breasted Nuthatch seen in pine tree in Villa Angela near lake just before the mobile home park fence, one juv. Caspian Tern.
Also, on Monday Sept 5th a Great Egret flew in from the northeast and landed in the wetland around 11:25 in the morning.
Also, the Avocets were found sometime around 10am today but must of been on Facebook or other media which I don't follow.
Nancy Anderson, Richmond Hts,https://www.flickr.com/photos/nancy_a/