OHIO-BIRDS Archives

September 2016

From:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
rob thorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Sep 2016 07:07:39 -0400
It was a little breath of Canada yesterday, both in weather and in birds, in this part of central Ohio.  I found myself in New Albany, and stopped at Swickard Woods in the early morning, and Rocky Fork MetroPark later in the afternoon. Neither has upland woods as big as nearby Blendon Woods, but both have size-able woodlots that had attracted some good birds.  Included were:

Flycatchers - Swickard had an Olive-sided, while RockyFork had Least and Yellow-bellied; both had WoodPewees

Vireos - both had several Red-eyed, and Rocky Fork also had White-eyed

Thrushes - not much yet other than Robins and a few Bluebirds

Warblers - Swickard had Nashville & Tennessee, while Rocky Fork had several small flocks in the wildless areas along the Beech Trail loop, including 2 Chesnut-sided, 3 Magnolias, 2 Blackburnians, 1 Blackpoll, 4 Bay-breasted, 3 Redstarts, and 1 Ovenbird