OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2016

From:
Craig Holt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Holt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2016 19:06:15 +0000
I had some good success along the Ashtabula Co. lakefront today.  I spent most of the morning at Conneaut harbor; birds there included: 2 n. shovelers, 50 double-crested cormorants, 29 turkey vultures, 3 bald eagles, 2 black-bellied plovers, a 2nd-winter laughing gull, 75 Bonaparte's gulls, a 1st-winter lesser black-backed gull, 2 great black-backed gulls, 2 common terns, and belted kingfisher.  Walnut Beach had: 75 double-crested cormorants, 6 bald eagles, merlin, 3 black-bellied plovers, 2 Am. golden-plovers, 2 semipalmated plovers, greater yellowlegs, belted kingfisher, red-breasted nuthatch, winter wren, Carolina wren, ruby-crowned kinglet, 16 yellow-rumped warblers, palm warbler, 2 c. yellowthroats, 15 song sparrows, 2 white-crowned sparrows, white-throated sparrow, and dark-eyed junco.  Craig Holt, Lowellville