OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2016

From:
Matthew Valenic <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Valenic <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2016 15:26:17 -0400
Craig Holt's posting for Conneaut reminded me to share something from
yesterday.

For those of you who love to see/watch Eagles, we saw 11 yesterday at LaDue.
10 were juveniles and seen all at one time (from Valley Road at the new
drain pipe pull-off).  It started with one Eagle carrying a fish and being
chased by two other juveniles.  Within 10 minutes we saw 10 juveniles in the
area.  About 30 minutes later an Adult flew over at the north end of the
reservoir.  This is the most Eagles any of us have seen at one time here and
shows how important a stop-over location the lake is for migrating Eagles,
Ducks, Geese and Swans.

Matt Valencic

Geauga County