OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2016

From:
marys1000 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
marys1000 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Oct 2016 08:32:58 -0400
Several ago I had one briefly vocalizing outside my apt on the top of a
small dead tree at near dark.  I barely got a sillouhette of him in a
photograph
because it was almost complete dark.  Lasted for maybe 10 minutes and he
was gone.
I could have gotten a slightly lighter photograph but I was too busy
juggling a laptop to google a vocalization to compare (and bin's, and a book
as I leapt up off my couch)
I don't exactly remember the time of year but I remember thinking he was
probably migrating through and
had just woken up from resting nearby maybe. Whether or not that is an
actual possibility I don't know:)

Marie, Fairborn OH
that is in NW Greene County