OHIO-BIRDS Archives

October 2016

From:
Doreene Linzell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Doreene Linzell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2016 12:02:51 -0400
We found one Nelson's Sparrow at Big Island this morning. Heading west from
203 on LaRue-Prospect Rd. we parked in the second lot. We walked due north
on the dike that separates the east pond from the middle pond. This is the
same dike used for shorebirding last year. There is smartweed all along the
left edge of the dike. The Nelson's was about half way down on the left
side by the largest group of purple asters that we saw. It was down low in
the smartweed. There is also a lot of smartweed on the south edge of that
pond. We also saw many Song, Swamp and Savannah Sparrows.

Doreene Linzell
Dan Sanders